Unity Tutorial One

 Unity Tutorial One

This is my first week working with unity to create a 2D game. The tutorial I'm working on is Ruby's Adventure 2D game. I will be following along with the unity website to bring the game to life.

First I had to import my assets into the project. Then I had to use a sprite for the first time to create a Game Object. Then I set the main character some horizontal and vertical  coordinates. Once i completed all that I created a script call Ruby controller. I was glad I already had experience doing so. I then added some Keyboard input to my game  so now she can move aswell. 

Ruby's Adventure

 

Begining the tutorial came with a little bit of difficulty. I am so used to 3D  games because of last semesters tutorials and project. Although a little overwhelmed by the layout I over came my struggles with the software. After following the tutorial I realised I prefer working in 2D more, I think it is due to not having to worry about dimensions and having all my game objects in the right place.It is still new to me but so was 3D game development a couple months ago. 





Comments