Reading 08

 Reading 08

For this week's reading, I have to watch three videos on how to write an introduction and how to write a conclusion well. Next I am to write both for my chosen topic.

in the first video starts out by saying your essay should open with a bang. It should grab attention and give the reader context, It should not open with a summary. it should show what the essay is about not tell what the essay is about. A good way to start your essay like this is to connect the topic to a larger event. It should be fun, write an anecdote, make a pop culture reference or song lyric. as long as it is relevant this should make your introduction more immersive and that is the goal.

Conclusion

The second video talks about how conclusions are key. The conclusion is the last chance to get the reader to understand and agree with you.  A conclusion is a good place for a solution. Make sure not to start a new topic. people will understand things are personalised to them. Make sure you are passionate about your topic and remember leaving out a conclusion is satisfying.

After watching the videos I wrote up two introductions and an introduction. I chose the best introduction and am happy where I am at in my chapter.

Comments