Project Progress

 Project Progress, Prototype

This week I finally began creating my game on unity. I first looked over the tutorials I linked to my first project post, but they did not really help me. I was finding it fairly difficult to use videos made over three years ago. Like I have said last semester, Unity updates itself every year and the code you may have used last year may not be compatible this year. This makes Youtubers like Brackey only partially helpful. I did however find a good youtube video to get me started. I first wanted to be able to make my player move forward so I used this tutorial  I found for help. 

I knew had some issues with the code when I was not able to play my prototype. I figured out that my issue was with the curved parentheses, I had not closed a set in my C# script file. Soon enough I fixed that issue and was able to move my player forward. 

I downloaded some assets to try out for my game and have not really come to a decision on what background I will use. I might have to find vectors to use instead. I saw a mushroom pack I like the look of but it is not pixilated. Soon I will make the fruit my character has to forage. It will be a new thing to do for me. 

unity


For next week I will Attempt to make the sprite forever moving. I will finalise my background and main character choice and I will add music and sound effects for my game. Using unity 2D is a good bit different to its 3D counterpart, it is a nice change but still overwhelming. I am glad to have my prototype live now, and all my functions working correctly.




Comments