Project Progress

 Project Progress, Alpha & Beta

Recap of last week, during my last project task I created my first playable. I added sound effects to my game, made a background that moves and added a main character. It was tough figuring all that out by myself but I managed to not let any issues I had last week bleed into this week's work. The aim this week was to make the main menu page with working buttons and fruit for the main character to catch.

My game background
The first thing I wanted to start on was the main menu. I have already previously made the main menu for my 3D game "MarzRun". The first thing first was to import an image to my assets folder. I used an image of the forest I have as the game background. To make it look more elevated, I took the image and put it into adobe illustrator. I added the title for my game and some stars and a moon. Next, I created a canvas and added my image. Then I added text mesh for the PLAY and PAUSE buttons. I designed the buttons to look how I wanted, and I changed the hover colour to green. Next, it was time to add the code, I followed a tutorial from BMO to add the code to my C# script. I came into some trouble because I named a button incorrectly and spelt some code wrong. I fixed it all in the end and now I have a fully functioning Main Menu. 

During the process of creating the main menu in illustrator, I came up with a new name for my game that I prefer much better than forest foragers. It looked nicer with the background and I felt glow-in-the-dark tokens will look better with the background than fruit.


Comments