Project progress

 Project Progress, First Playable

For last week's project task, I made the first Prototype for my game. I was able to make my main character move from left to right. This week I  aimed to add background music and forest sounds to my game. Then add a background and actual character. 

first I Finally decided on a background. I chose a nighttime forest that is pixilated. It may be a different colour scheme than I want but I feel it is a sacrifice that was worth making. It is blue and green but It is really cute. I wanted to complete the forest mood so I went to add the sound early on. so the next thing to do was convert the royalty-free music and forest sound effects into a youtube converter. Then I downloaded them and put them in my assets folder.  After adding them to the game I am really happy with the way it turned out. 


I was able to make a decision on my main character too. I found a starter 2D game pack that came with all sorts of assets. It had a set of four characters and I chose a small little blue character. Aesthetically that is all I will be doing this week,

Next, I learned how to make my sprite forever lasting so my character can keep running until the player quits. Now I have a character that can move forward and they can jump while using the space bar. A nice retro-looking pixilated forest as my background and soundtrack over my game. After playing with the first playable there seems like there is nothing wrong.

For next week I want to have my Main menu created and for it to have working buttons. I also want to make all the fruit the main character is to collect. I am nervous about that as I know there is a lot of C# Script involved with it. With the stage, I am in with my game I am optimistic for its final stage.




Comments