Project Progress

 Project Progress, 

For last week's project task, I was to brainstorm up some ideas for my 2D game. I landed on three solid ideas. The first was a candy crush saga-inspired game, where I match up pieces. The focus of that game was sound. The second idea was a car game with the aim to avoid traffic. My last idea was to create a coin-collecting game. I have finally come to the decision that the third game is going to be the game I create. 

Firstly, I want it to be autumn colours, brown, orange, and maroon. I like forests during that season so I feel it best to be set in that time. Next, I feel a pixelated game would suit. I will have to look through the Unity Asset Store to find what I need for the development of this game.

 I would like it to be set in a forest with leaves rustling and soft melodic music playing. I looked at some youtube videos for some inspiration. I found some good videos with sounds I would like to incorporate into my game. There is this one flute music that I really like and hope to add to my game. Here are the links to the audios I liked. 

Forest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVTkB-BIvM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxleYo7WIlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNdFu6bnhfU

I want it to be a calming game with no enemies or dying. The main character ie the player will collect coins throughout the forest. I would like the game to follow the popular mobile game, Subway surfers with their never-ending road. Where the path the player follows does not end.

 I aim to stick to this plan to create the game. I have not thought of a game title yet, but I hope the name will come to me during the process of it all. 



Comments