Project Progress

 Project Progress, Brainstorming

This is the first of my 2D game project. I am beginning by brainstorming some ideas for my 2D game. I hope after spending the first semester creating a game, it will come easier for me this time around. I know now not to aim for something way out of my expertise. Here are some ideas I have for my 2D game.

Candy Crush Saga
My first idea was a Candy Crush type of game. Knowing my game has to be in 2D makes it easier for me to create a simpler game. I have always liked brain teaser games, so a Candy Crush game would be enjoyable to create. The rules of the game would be to match three pieces of a game together and collect points to move p a level. I think what would make this game great would be the sound effects. I always found the sound after matching the candy together satisfying about the game. Here is a link to the tutorial. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96qNxHgRIUo&list=PLw919wW8ikxe_e_VgvPgL7_KA76501StQ&index=9


My second idea for a game would be a racer game. I have already made this type of game for my last semester project but I feel trying again will be a lot more time efficient. A racing game is a classic and is enjoyable for everyone. The aim would probably be to dodge oncoming traffic or maybe something a little comical like bird poop. Here is the tutorial I would use for help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7J-wiJGK1w


My third idea would be a collecting game, revisiting my semester one idea again, I would like to see the game come to life. I would hope to focus more on aesthetics in this game than on the other two. Linked below is a helpful link I could use for my project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-3g31jk90


Comments