Unity tutorial 4

 Unity Tutorial 4

For this week's lesson, I learned how to make the vehicle in my game move left, right, up and down. Until this point, the player of my game had no control over the car in the game. With the use of Visual Studio, I was able to add a turn speed variable to my C Script. This made it so my vehicle can move left and right with the keyboard to avoid obstacles. 

Unity
Next, I was taught how to add breaks and pedals to my vehicle. On Visual Studio I declared a new forward input variable. Then I assigned it to the verticle axis. This gave my keyboard control of the acceleration of the vehicle and allowed my vehicle to stop.

 I had some difficulties with this week's tutorial when adding the code onto the C Script. I had forgotten to capitalise the A in GetAxis which threw me off balance. It took me a few minutes of searching and rewatching the tutorial video to figure out where I went wrong. Other than that I found coding in Visual studio to be easy enough to use this week. I am now starting to see real progress in my game.

Comments