Unity tutorial 3

 Unity Tutorial 3

In this lesson I made my driving game start to function. First Made a script folder and added it to my vehicle then I wrote my very first lines of code in C#, and I was able to change the vehicle’s position allowing it to move forward by placing my code in the Void Update section in the C#. I found this part very tedious as I had to work from two apps; Unity and Visual studio. Although this is my first time using Visual Studio, I think it is easy enough to use. it took me a few minutes to get the app set up. I got used to it fairly quickly.

 Next added the physics components to my objects, allowing them to collide with one another. I added weight to my vehicle. I did this by clicking my object going on to inspect and adding a rigid body. This made the game really come to life. I also added some weight to the obstacles too. I also duplicate the obstacles all along the road. When testing out the update I found no issues and was really pleased with the result.

Unity

In this tutorial I successfully made my vehicle move up the road using C#. I added weight to both my vehicle and its obstacles using rigid body. I feel confident with the new skills I've acquired from this unity tutorial.







 

Comments