Wikipedia Trials

 Wikipedia Trials From Unity to VR

For my first Wikipedia trial, I chose my starting point on what we are developing our games on; Unity. I figured I should learn about the software that is necessary for me to create my game. Unity was announced and released in 2005 on the month of June at Apple Inc's worldwide developers' conference as a Mac OS X exclusive game engine. This cross-platform game engine was developed by Unity Technologies. The software's easy to use mechanics make it a great choice for beginner developers. A popular game developed by Unity is Pokemon Go, which brings me to my next page.

 Pokemon Go is a free play mobile game developed and published by Nintendo, Niantic and Pokemon. The game was made for Android and iOS devices. The aim of the game is to find Pokemon to capture and train them to battle against other players. By using GPS players can locate and capture Pokemon in real-world locations. This is called Augmented reality.

Augmented reality is also known as AR. AR overlays computer-generated content and information into a real-world environment.
augmented reality’s main aim is to emphasize specific features of the physical world, increase people's understanding of those features, and gain smart and accessible insight that can be applied to real-world applications.


VR Headset
Reading the page brought me to my fourth and final topic Virtual Reality. Virtual reality unlike AR is a simulated experience that transports one to a whole new world. It is used in medical training to simulate surgery but it is more commonly used in the gaming world. The current standard system of Virtual reality is a VR headset. The VR headset uses audio and visuals to transport you to a reality of your choice. 

I liked how this task sent me down a rabbit hole in areas I would have only researched if Told to. I look forward to reading and learning more through this task.

Comments

  1. Hello Mimi,
    I liked what you said about unity and that we should learn more about it before we start using it sadly I didn't do that and it makes it a bit difficult So, as I'm reading through the link you put about unity, Unity is a cross platform game developed by enemy technology that help me kind of understand that I used to play a lot of games from unity or made by unity. When I was younger As I'm reading through the history of unity so it was made during almost my year when I was born two years after and I see a lot of changes happening in the programme of unity so it supports mobile platforms desktop platforms web platforms console platforms like PlayStation Xbox Nintendo switch there's also studier I never heard of virtual extended reality partners I did hear of unity Asset store yes very interesting kind of got an idea of what unity originated from. Thank you, Samira, for the source.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment