Week 9 Reading and Writing

Week 9 Reading and Writing

Overall the reading I have been doing this semester has been really resourceful. I found it a very interactive way to learn about game development. It was a unique way to write notes, what I learned stuck because I had to write in my own words and opinion for the source material. I enjoyed the reading task more than others especially the Game MDA task. It was my introduction to the headspace and framework of a game developer. Hearing the intricacies of game development was interesting as I didn't think much thought of it before. The amount of detail and thought that goes into developing a game turned out to be way more than I had expected. The Game MDA really helped form a skeleton for my game. I used the three tools; Mechanics, Dynamics and aesthetics to really bring out the best game I could materialise. I have unfortunately fallen behind on some of my tasks which makes choosing my best accomplishments a little more difficult. Hopefully, I will use my remaining weeks to catch up on my points. That to me will be my biggest accomplishment. If I manage to do that I will be satisfied. As for my game project, I have confidence that I will produce a decent game. I hope to make one my classmates will enjoy that also would be an accomplishment I aim to achieve.

Feedback

I chose this image from This weeks review task I chose this image because this is the point where I began catching up for this module. I have an issue where if I stop working on something I will find it difficult to get back into motion. I have been like this since I was a child with work, reading watching tv and even sentences, but this week I took the initiative to get back to work with the aim to pass this module. After reflecting on my work now have a clear timeline and plan to reach my goal


Looking forward the best thing for me is to attend my lectures and lab. I aim to use all the resources given to me in the module. Reading others blogs will help me see what I can improve on. Writing a blog is more difficult than I would have assumed. It takes effort to stay on topic and have each of your points flow into each other.







Comments

  1. Hey mimi, your blog seems really organized and appealing. The reading tasks were definitely useful when designing the game and they helped with designing the mechanics and the aesthetics of the game. I was behind in the first couple of weeks but when I started managing my time and trying to get most of the required tasks done during the weekend, it became easier and really helped in getting the tasks done earlier so I could focus during the week on the other modules I had to do. I hope you will be able to catch up on the work and it is good to see that you enjoyed the reading tasks and that they were helpful in designing your game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment