Review Week Comments and Feedback

Comments and Feedback

Throughout the semester I have been receiving useful comments from my peers. If it was not for the comments from my classmates I would not have been confident in my game design decision. I have stated before in my past blogs that I am not confident in game design nor am I a gamer. This made it difficult for me to even think of one game that would be interesting let alone four. Having classmates that are interested in gaming comment on my blog gave me the insight I needed for my game. I would give a high rating to the other students in my class. The types of comments I found most helpful were the comments for my first blog post idea generating. I was given the feedback to merge two ideas into one to give a more fleshed out idea and I really appreciated that. 

I have been a little shy sending out feedback given my lack of expertise but have been commenting on other students introductions and feel I have been getting to know the other students better. Iknow see that I have the viewpoint of the general public making me an ideal person for feedback on my peer's games. I will take this mindset with me for the rest of the semester and comment more on my classmates' blogs. I hope to be helpful and resourceful to them all. As for the writing styles, I find it interesting the different styles my classmates have chosen to write their blogs in I will be taking inspiration from them for certain.

My favourite parts of my classmates' blogs are their introduction week posts. Its a nice way to break the ice with people I have not had the chance to speak with in person.I have learned a lot about my peers through the task. I personally do not mind talking about myself so I am still confident in my own introduction blog I wrote many weeks ago. I have gotten some really nice comments on my introduction blog, which was helpful when meeting everyone after being online last year This personal touch to the blog makes reading everyone's game ideas much more engaging because I now know who it is coming from.

Feedback

I hope to be more engaging for the feedback assignments I need to read more about my classmates' game ideas and about their process of developing them. I feel it would be unfair to receive advice and not give it back to the class.  I will be more punctual and attend my lectures and labs getting in person and giving in-person feedback as well. Some of my classmates' blogs have definitely helped me in improving my blog posts. To help me stay on track I will delegate specific times to my blog posts for the remaining weeks. My goal is to pass this module and I hope to do so with time and effort.

Comments