Growth Mindset The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers

Growth Mindset 

This week I watched a TED Talk video on The Habits of Original Thinkers, The talk was given by Adam Grant an organizational psychologist. Adam Grant explained three unexpected habits of originals. This talk was very interesting. I liked the talkers delivery and his stage presence was engaging. I learned a few new things that I will take away with me.


One thing I had previously known about was his statement on self-doubt. Being in a course where your own creativity is marked it defiantly is a breeding ground for self-doubt. I have had this conversation with some of my classmate's self-doubt is a paralysing mindset and can hinder your work if unchecked. What I didn't know was at the other end of the spectrum is Idea-doubt. Adam says that idea-doubt is energizing and motivates you to test and experiment.
The key to changing your mindset from Self-doubt to Idea-doubt is to be content in the fact that the first few attempts will always be rough. This shift in mindset is what will change your ideas from being boring to being original.
Grant Adam


I am excited to carry this new mindset with me in my work. A quote that stuck with me from Grant Adam is "To be original you don't have to be first, you just have to be better". It was a very resourceful task this week and I am eager to learn more




Comments