Project Week 4: Game Idea Research

 Game Idea Research

For my game, I have chosen to focus on my firefly idea. As a recap, the firefly idea is a game where the aim of the game is to fill a map by exploring a dark location with only a fireflies light to illuminate your surroundings. Upon thinking on it further I have thought up some more ideas to develop on the game.

The aim of the game is, as we know, to fill a map. I needed to know if that was possible for a beginner programmer. I have already found a mini-map to watch my motion. I found a video showing how to make a  map showing the location here.

I then researched how to make a firefly. Unfortunatly I could only find a video tutorial on how to make multiple fireflies not just one. I did however find this video onhow to make an immersive light which I hope will do the trick.

video game spider
With the game objective made all that was needed was an antagonist or some way to lose the game. since the area will be dark I was hoping to add some spiders because they eat fireflies. This tutorial helped greatly.

Though I still have a long way to go before creating a game of my own, I feel I am making steady progress in the right direction 



Comments

  1. Hi Mimi,

    I really like your chosen idea for the game you are hoping to make in this module, I think the feature of an added mini map is a great idea and will definitely add more character to your game. Is sounds like you have a lot of it already figured out so cant wait to see what its like when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mimi,
    I love the idea! I love how the fireflies would be the players source of light!! It gives off a sense of goodness/ hope in dark.They will be a very cute addition to your game. Hmm I wonder if the multiple firefly tutorial will work out in your favour and you will find a way to make just one. What if the spider tried to eat the main character? Will the spider be big in the game like “Siren head” or medium?? I feel like you should also include jumpscares as many people have a fear of spiders so this would be a perfect horror game for them! You mentioned in your post a dark location, What if you make the dark location a forest?? Or an abandoned town like in the “Walking Dead” game. The game you are planning on making sounds aesthetically pleasing. I can’t wait for your future posts on this blog about your game.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hello Mimi! I’ve read through your game idea and I really like what you’ve come up with it reminds me of splatoon on the Wii u and Nintendo Switch and has that filling the map objective but with paint guns but has a team based style to it was that an inspiration for you during this idea possibly? And seeing that you wanted to add spiders as the enemy in the game what if you added frogs? That In some way snatched the firefly with its tongue in and had a sound affect that alerted you of when it was going to attack so that you can prepare for it? Adding an enemy to the game is a great way to create a challenge without it being too complicated to achieve and it can be very simple to do which is great. I enjoyed reading this blog and look forward to seeing the game when it’s fully created :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mimi!
    While I was reading your post about the game, I tried to imagine it and I think it will really turn out so good and enjoyable. I love the games where we have to figure out the end place by avoiding obstacles so the player could win. These games are challenging and I love the idea; however, I think you can add an effect where the light keeps turning on and off just for suspense and it will put the player in an intense mood to keep the player focused and win. I also think the idea of adding spiders as an enemy because they eat fireflies is a good objective that will make the game interesting even more. I really liked your post and can't wait to start playing it when you're done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment