Project week 3: Game Brainstorming

Gamestorming

This week was particularly difficult to complete. As I've said in
other blog posts, I'm not that equated to games. So I had to do some
research just to see what was possible with UnityThis really helped with the brainstorming process, having an idea of
what was possible gave me a clear view of what I might base my project
on. 

Idea One,
My first idea is to create an escape room.  An escape room is
basically a game where you try to escape a room or any space through
clues. You usually have to complete a number of tasks to escape.
I searched if that was possible through Unity and found this video on Youtube. I brainstormed some ideas such as basing my rooms in a
shopping centre closed for the night. I feel that would give me
flexibility with themes for the rooms. I could have a room in a
fitness shop with sport themed tasks. I could then have a room in
the canteen with food based tasks. 

Idea two,
My second idea would be more aesthetic focused. A game where you
have to jump from podium to podium. Something similar to this, I would
focus on the visuals and have it be a calming game rather than a high
alert game. 

Idea three, 
My third idea was a dark room where you aim to fill a map. Something
simple like a firefly has to collect pieces that mark areas of the map.
I've searched for ways to make it possible
and the videos here and here. This idea I am excited for.

Idea four,
My fourth idea was a race kind of concept. The aim of the game would
be to reach the top of a mountain. The player would incline the
mountain and have to move left and right to catch gems to build
momentum. I think this would be an easier goal to achieve as I've
seen racing as a concepts for many Unity games like This one.


Hotshot Racing Photograph: Curve Digital

Comments

  1. Hey Samira,

    For someone who isn't well acquainted with video games, you have some really unique and interesting ideas that would work so well within a game. Your third idea is really something, the lighting mechanic would work so well with a character like a firefly to luminate the map.
    There could be something really interesting if you try a blend it with your aesthetic idea, you might create something beautiful!
    In any case, I think you're onto some really interesting ideas across the board, and regardless of your gaming experience, I know you have the ability to create an awesome game, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment