Favourite Game

Favourite Game 

For my first assignment I was prompted to write about my favourite game, funnily enough I've never had an passion for gaming. I did however get my first phone at the age of 11 and had no use for it but to play games . It was a Samsung, model S5360 and was housed in my favourite colour: pink! Something as small as colour made me grow attached to the electronic brick especially since that was the year Cut the Rope was released (4/10/10).


"Cute The Rope"
Source: Pixabay

The first Cut the Rope game follows the frog like creature Om Nom in a series of box rooms e.g. a box room, fabric and foil room. The aim of the game is to feed Om Nom by retrieving candy along with three stars from a rope through physics-based puzzles with the help of tools introduced in each box like cushions, bubbles and magic hats.


"children success video game"
Source:Pixabay


As other kids in my class played games on their family PCs I became more fond of the mobile app. Its not as though I didn't enjoy PC games like Stardoll and club penguin I had just grew addicted to  problem solving game. It was to the point where I would not move from a level until I had gained all three stars. The cute character and satisfying sound effects were just too much for 11 year old me to resist. 

I am still not very fond of games but Cut the Rope will always have a place in my heart. To this day I randomly download the app just to see how many levels I can go through in one sitting for memories sake.



Comments

  1. I wasn't much of a gamer too so it was hard to write about my favorite game but I used to play this game a lot too. It is addicting. My first phone was the Samsung S5 too but the black one. I saw the oink one with my friends and we always used to swap phones because we wanted to change the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, It’s interesting seeing someone write up a post about their favourite game when they don’t really have a passion for it and that’s okay. I remember playing Cut the Rope years ago on my phone. It got really popular along with so many others. That’s awesome that you sometimes go back to it for memories sake aswell. Hahah I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment